These are the words going through my head as I left the book signing at Saks for Ines de la Fressange's new book titled Parisian Chic by F. She could not have been lovlier. If you do not know who she is ( you should by the way) google her.
My favorite section is her fashion faux pas. Here is a sample of her fashion no no's:
1. Bras with transparent straps. A stylish, visible bra is far sexier.
2. Never wear a necklace and earrings at the same time-too much.
3. Body piercing- "No future" is the wrong kind of fashion statement.
4. Leopard- skin dresses with plunging necklines. Too sexy is not sexy.
5. Plastic flip-flops. Guaranteed to to shatter the chic-est of looks. ( Mom, pay attention.)
I think the book should be a required reading textbook in schools.
You can purchase the book at Amazon.com or if you are in NYC tonight Madame Ines de la Fressange is signing copies at the Roger Vivier shop on Madison Ave. You can rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org 6:30-8:30.