Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I wish I were…


 
Gypset – n.  an unconventional, bohemian approach to life. adj. – characterized by a fashionable exoticism and down-to-earth ease.
“Wanderlust meets the height of sophistication.”- Assouline

Uhhh, hello! Guess what? Guess what I found out? I found out that you can now preorder the new f*cking Gypset Living book! If you are not familiar with this series which includes Gypset Style and Gypset Travel then thank God you met me because now you know. Honestly though, these books are just for pure admiration. This ain’t no manual. You cannot become gypset. You are either born with it, or you weren’t. You can’t just learn how to be a gypsetter. It’s in your blood. You can maybe marry into it but you have to be pretty chic yourself in the first place.

The books are written by Julia Chaplin. Queen of boho chic. You’ve got to give props to the girl who coined the word “gypset” for God’s sake. Photographs were taken by the patriarch of the coolest family in Santa Barbara, Brian Hodges. The Hodges are 20 steps in front of everyone in terms of chicness. American husband, French wife (featured in Gypset Travel), four or five gorgeous beachy rug rat kids (I did not know how many kids they actually have because I only admire from afar), 4th coolest house in Santa Barbara, chic vintage Land Rover in a sea of stupid brand spanking new Range Rover Sports. They homeschooled their kids before it was cool. The last time I saw the husband and wife, they were riding bicycles in St. Germain, Paris, of course. I like to think of them as the “Untouchables.”

 

I do have a few friends that are featured in these books so I am going to consider myself cool by association. Wouldn’t you? I also think that the author has a couple of families that she should include in the next Gypset book… The Stussys, the Rhodes, Steve Karan and Tessa, and, obviously Diandra Douglas. Santa Barbara is chock-full of gypsetters. I guess the beach and $25 million dollar second homes will do that to a town.


I would definitely hurry up and preorder Gypset Living here and if you haven’t already I would buy Gypset Style here here and Gypset Travel here. You’ll thank me.
 
*Something you don’t know about me? I don’t forgive easily and I don’t forget easily. I know that is a very uncouth trait, but I am being honest and owning it.


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to do something fabulous and gypset as well at our country house. Tippee, caravan, it's all so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a traveller, I know that you have to have some serious coin to do what they do but I still admire it...albeit it from way, way afar. And as for your "ps", I am a readhead so eh oui that goes without saying...

    ReplyDelete