Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shut Your Mouth When You're Talking To Me.... The Book Is Here!!!!

So, Ty and I just bought tickets to Paris for November. We haven't purchased return tickets, because I plan on being on living there until the government catches me. Ty suggests we make it back to America before Christmas and before we get deported. We'll see what happens.

We were watching Midnight In Paris and all I could think was, "I want to go to there." So we are, and I couldn't be more excited! Paris is my home, even if I butcher the language and hate the smell of camembert. The happiest I have ever been and will ever be, is walking the streets of Paris, breathing in second-hand smoke and saving my euros to eventually buy a Chanel bag. It's pure bliss.

I'm also counting the trip as a little congratulations to myself for releasing my book. Yep, the book is here. Really, it is!!




There are three options to purchase: a hardcover, a softcover and an ebook.

It's a little different than my mom's book. This is a collection of thirteen essays with lots of photos, some flattering, some not. It's all in here. Learning about my mom's diagnosis, Paris, Paris, Paris, the robbery, surgeries, goodbyes, therapy, my asshole dog Leo and enough Real Housewives references to count as another season.

This was hard to write. I wanted to be honest. The years this book covers, from 2007 to 2017, were not my best years as a human. I was in the middle of learning who I was and what I wanted from life, I made some mistakes. I wasn't always the best daughter. I didn't always have the best hair. But, writing this book and looking back at moments with my mom somehow made me remember moments that I thought were lost in my mind forever. It was like there was a little Tivo in my head that I couldn't record fast enough. All of a sudden entire days with my mom were being recalled. For the past year, all I thought about was this book. Thinking of stories that would interest people other than myself, things my mom said, titles for chapters, it was all-consuming. I would be driving and have to pull over to write the beginning of a chapter in the notes app on my phone. I didn't want to forget anything.

And now, all those notes have turned into a book. A 240 page book. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. Actually, I hope you enjoy reading it more than I did writing it because sometimes I was so miserable trying to spell words like unfortunately and the difference between effect and affect that I considered going back to college.

I want to also thank every one of you for all your continued support. This is for you. Please enjoy.

Disclaimer: I'm giving you an inner working into my thoughts and not all those thoughts can be nice.


28 comments:

  1. My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at web, but I know I am getting familiarity every day by
    reading thes good content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp a lot about this, like you wrote the
    ebook in it or something. I feel that you simply
    could do with a few % to pressure the message
    home a little bit, but other than that, that is magnificent blog.
    A great read. I will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather have naughty than nice any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought it! I can wait to read it. So proud of you completing your first book. No doubt your mom is proud too. I think of both of you often. Here's wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for finishing your book and booking your trip to Paris, I agree, I love just walking the streets of that lovely city and wouldn't want to have an end date to that either.
    I'm looking forward to my soft-cover arriving in November. I will be ready for the O'Connell wit and bite and humor. You embody your mother so wonderfully. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Can't wait to read it and have an eye into the other sides of your wonderful Mom. And you, too.
    Perfect humans don't exist. Growing humans do--any only growing/expanding humans are interesting. xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your mother's book, i look forward to yours. I still think of her now and then and miss her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that you wrote this book, can’t wait to get it- your Mom would be so proud- enjoy Paris!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right.
    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I
    had spent for this info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good article! We are linking to this great article on our site.
    Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ignored (hid from) my needy family for two whole days so I could devour this book; just like I did with your mom's book last time this year. So many lol moments in the dark cold bathroom where I read. But as many times as I laughed, I also cried. I am envious of your support system. You are so loved and rightfully so. You're also a natural born writer with equal parts charm and wit.... Please continue to share your life with us...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really grateful to the holder of this web page who has shared this impressive article
    at at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific post but I was wondering if you could write a
    litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is in fact a good one it helps new web
    users, who are wishing for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ordered your book! Cannot wait for it to arrive in the mail. Congratulations & have a fabulous time in Paris... Keep us up to date on your travels & send us some pictures! Sending you lots of hugs😘

    ReplyDelete
  17. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but,
    I'd like to send you an e-mail. I've got some suggestions for your blog
    you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and
    I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks,
    However I am encountering problems with your RSS.

    I don't understand the reason why I can't subscribe
    to it. Is there anyone else getting the same RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Since i lost $1200 to fake hackers been searching for the right one till i met cybergods116@gmail.com. He's totally the word hack.Does from yahoo,Facebook,gmail,Hotmail,aol,twitter,Instagram,snapchat,bank jobs and credit card tops, Paypal acct,blank a.t.m cards,update school grades. I am not here to advertise but tell you my experience...He's kinda picky so make mention of the reference. Ann Robert referred you. don't forget to thank me later

    ReplyDelete
  20. This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped
    me. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's an amazing accomplishment to have written a book at your age. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What's up Dear, are you actually visiting
    this website regularly, if so after that you will absolutely take pleasant know-how.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If your only concern is that you want people in Canada to be able to use your Toll Free Number USA, then there is no need to worry because they already can.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If your only concern is that you want people in Canada to be able to use your Toll Free Number USA, then there is no need to worry because they already can.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like your writing style, good info,
    regards for posting :D.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never
    found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content
    as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever
    before.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Testing if I can comment under ANONYMOUS!
    LOVED THE BOOK!
    WORKING ON BLOG POST GIVE AWAY NOW!!!
    XX
    LA CONTESSA

    ReplyDelete
  28. The type of drug testing does Harley Davidson factory perform?
    they want to make sure you are stoned before you go to work each day..

    ReplyDelete