Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lovely Lovely Lovely Ines de la Fressange

These are the words going through my head as I left the book signing at Saks for Ines de la Fressange's new book titled Parisian Chic by F.  She could not have been lovlier.  If you do not know who she is ( you should by the way) google her.


The book is a style guide. It should have been titled: How to be Lovely. She gives her tips on fashion, beauty, shopping, entertaining and my favorite part... her faux pas.  Her overall advise is to keep it simple. Good advise. I always think that if you dress or entertain in an over the top "look at me" way, you've got it all wrong. Being subtle is far more elegant.

All of the portraits in her book are of her teenage daughter, Nine.  Ines could have put in pictures of herself but she didn't.... because she's cool.

 
 My favorite section is her fashion faux pas. Here is a sample of her fashion no no's:
1. Bras with transparent straps. A stylish, visible bra is far sexier.
2. Never wear a necklace and earrings at the same time-too much.
3. Body piercing- "No future" is the wrong kind of fashion statement.
4. Leopard- skin dresses with plunging necklines. Too sexy is not sexy.
5. Plastic flip-flops. Guaranteed to to shatter the chic-est of looks. ( Mom, pay attention.)

I think the book should be a required reading textbook in schools.
You can purchase the book at Amazon.com or if you are in NYC tonight Madame Ines de la Fressange is signing copies at the Roger Vivier shop on Madison Ave. You can rsvp to  rsvp@rogervivier.com  6:30-8:30.

A bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo. I am going to whisper this back to you while hanging out here in the Archives: I had an Inès sighting last weekend. It was needless to say, an event. The good news? She was dressed exactly true to her style and everything that she speaks of in the book: fitted boys blazer, skinny jeans, black brogues. Simply perfect. The bad news? She was so tan that it made me do a double-take (not that I didn't anyway) and not in a good way. :o I think that I have said that I am not usually gossipy but I have to say I was a bit disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this TOO and had corners turned down!I thought it was BRILLIANT...........probably should READ again!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete