Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Parisian Apartment. Part Neuf. L'appartement: Le Balcon.


Ahhh, the coveted balcony. Le Balcon. Your own personal yard is basically obsolete in Paris. We are apartment dwellers here in Paris. Even if you live on the bottom floor and have a little garden, it will be the size of a postage stamp. So, these balconies, these terraces, these little gardens are golden. They are your connection to the outside world. The connection to your sanity. I have noticed three different types. First, there is the basic wrought-iron railing. Basically all you can do with this is hang a planter filled with flowers. Geraniums seem to be the flower of choice for that. Secondly, there is the little Juliet balcony. Big enough for potted plants, potted trees and topiaries, but not big enough for a table or chair. Thirdly, the terrace. With a terrace, you have enough room for a little bistro table and maybe two chairs. Lastly, the “I’m rich garden.” If you have a little garden in Paris, congratulate yourself.




 
incredible photo of Frances courtesy of Heather Clawson of Habitually Chic
 
My little kitten, Frances, loves, loves, loves to sit all day on my balcony and watch the world go by. I like to go past her and say, “You’re Welcome.” She then likes to look at me and say, “F*ck you.”









So, we’ve come to the end of my Parisian apartment tutorial. There will be a quiz. I thought I would wrap it up tomorrow by showing you some of my favorite Parisian apartments and maybe a few glimpses of my apartment.

7 comments:

  1. You are very funny. I like your style. Just found your bog through Instagram. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read you blog religiously, not only for the beautiful pictures, but to make sure I laugh out loud at least once a day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If thats YOUR CAT my MOTHER has its TWIN !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my little baby kitten, Frances. Send me a picture of your mother's cat, her twin!

      Delete
  4. I love this post! How in hell did I miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete