Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

La La LaChapelle


David LaChapelle


David LaChapelle Exhibit
Paris
On a freezing February day in Paris,  as I was riding along on the metro I saw an ad for the David LaChapelle exhibit. The metro has all the latest "happenings" plastered on the walls. This is why I love Paris, there is culture even underground. So, the next day I headed to the exhibit. LaChapelle's
retrospective of his controversial work was being held at the La Monnaie de Paris. The perfect juxtaposition.



Statue Los Angeles 2007
There were at least 200 photographs of his work. Read HERE for a comprehensive review of the exhibit .



Deluge:Museum 2007
I bought this one...in the form of a poster... from the gift shop.
How lame am I?



image courtesy of LaChapelle website
The exhibit was an eye opening experience.
You can check out upcoming and previous exhibits on the official website of David LaChapelle:

No comments:

Post a Comment