Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mis en Demeure. The Pottery Barn of France


This is the retail store! Awesome.
There is a retail division and a wholesale division. I have been a customer of both. The retail shop in Paris shown above is absolutely marvelous. You will want to buy everything...but don't...because your house will look unauthentic. You just want a good mix of new and old. So, be choosy. The store in Paris is like the perfect Parisian apartment you dream of, except everything is a reproduction, but its a store so who cares. Two stories, room after room, with no detail missed. Wood floors, wood paneling, chandeliers...the whole deal. I was in this store forever! I dragged my unwilling daughter with me as usual and at hour 2 in the shop I thought she would attempt to emancipate herself from me legally. She probably had grounds at hour 3. I have listed below my top picks from the store. Go on their website for hundreds of fabulous items. www.misendemeure.fr



Mis en Demeure lamps were our best selling item. Or was that me stealing from my own store. Its just that they took so long to get to the store from France and I knew that it would be a while before we got them again so I felt it necessary to take all of them home.



I am obsessed with chinoiserie boxes. One can never have too many. Remember more is more. My grandmother started the obsession, it continued with my mother and now me. The real thing is ideal but these are GREAT reproductions. Seriously, I have them personally and they are exquisite.



These are great as a grouping....vertical on a skinny wall or horizontally over a bed. Love how they are so minimal.



We ordered a ton of these lanterns. I regret selling them. I would love to have these scattered around a garden. Would be so nice at a wedding as lanterns down the aisles. We showed them on every other step leading upstairs in our shop.

3 comments:

  1. Another divine post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recommended thiis website by mmy cousin. I'm not sujre whether
    this post is written by him as no one else know ssuch detailed about my problem.
    You are incredible! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete